Sunday, April 4, 2010

Target Audience Strategy

My focus for this assignment is placed on my Spanish 2 students. A webquest, found on page 138 of Teaching ELL through Technology, is the strategy I believe best suited for my lesson plan. I will build a webquest for students to research Diego Rivera,a Mexican muralist. Students will use information found in the webquest to produce a power point which will also contain examples of Rivera's work and photographs or video of student artwork based on the artists work. Students will work in collaborative groups.

3 comments:

  1. I like this lesson plan, because you are integrating the usage of Power Point and also the webquest for look up the information. As well you can integrate audio with some typical Mexiacan Music from the same period of time that Diego Riviera did his paints.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like this lesson. Can you use the webquest to set up links to other popular artists that would give the students a variety? I would think that it might include musicians etc. so that more students can get involved. It might spark a real interest in some of the students.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am very interested in that kind of lesson. I have never had a chance to use the WebQuest, but I could imagine how wonderful teaching materials you would build. Especially, in my experience, taking lessen based on multi-media was so exciting that I could not sleep or overlook any point during that class. Your education using technologies should be an efficient lesson for your students’ research.

    ReplyDelete