Sunday, March 21, 2010

Reflection on Overlapping Technologies

I enjoyed our conversation on this and associated topics in class. Thank you to all members of 5513. I feel as though I have only dipped my little toe into a vast sea. I truly am at peace with saying I don't know what I don't know. There of course seems to be multiple replications, duplications,permeatations,combinations, and mirror images of versions and forms and models and brands of software, hardware, information sources,technology doodads and doohickies.Do I think we need them all? In short no. They exist due to a free market (sort of free) and will most likely take care of themselves in due time. I am content to find something that works for me and ride that pony until something that better serves me crosses my path. I most likely won't spend too much time actively bird dogging something to replace what I already have. Its overwhelming and seems dumb to have so much choice....beats the alternative. Gluttony and starvation both drive you to the same party. One is just a more pleasant ride.

1 comment:

  1. I love your very technical terms: doodads and doohickies, but oddly, I know exactly what you are talking about. LOL
    I am always amazed at the information overload that lives on the world wide web! There is information I don't even know I need out there!
    Blogging is new to me, but I was looking for a quilt pattern over spring break and was amazed at the thousands of quilting blogs that I came across during my search. It reminds me just how small my little chunk of Oklahoma actually is.

    ReplyDelete